Strut Post System PL200/PL400
(Base and Side Fix)
The Strut Post system has a patented adjustable clamping system, designed for 12mm thick toughened glass without holes. The system is designed for heights up to 1200mm for balustrades. Available in a base or side fix configuration, Strut Posts have crafted covers which hide the engineered stainless steel fixings. Manufactured from extruded architectural grade aluminium, Strut Posts are a popular choice for their modern, minimalist finish.
- Engineered: Modern designs for waterproof or floating decks are accommodated with a specially designed gutter bracket for Strut Post brackets.
- Custom coloured: with an extensive choice of powder coat finishes available. The architectural grade aluminium can be tailored to requirements.
- The Strut Post PL200 and PL400 can be base fixed (top) or side fixed (face) mounted.
- Adjustable for glass alignment (No glass holes).
- Concealed fixings.
- Four Hole mounting plates for Timber (Standard), Two Hole mounting plates for Concrete / Steel (Upon Request).
- Available in standard silver frost finish. Special colours on request.
- Powder coated upon request. Note: Powder coating is available in a wide range of colours with commercially available surface integrity warranties from 10 to 30 years.
- All fixings must be Stainless Steel.
- Suitable for occupancy types A, A Other, B and E.
- Occupancy Types as per AS/NZ 1170.1.2002.
- Exceeds the wind loading for all Wind Zones up to and including High Wind Zone as set out in NZS 3604:2011.
- Max design Wind pressure subject to glass type and fixing method.
The system is glazed with Metro Performance Glass, as follows:
- TEMPAFLOAT® 12mm nominal thickness, monolithic toughened safety glass (TSG) with interlinking rail.
- Glass must have a minimum strength of 100MPa. All edges polished.
- All monolithic toughened frameless glass balustrades must have an Interlinking Rail to conform to NZS 4223.3.2016, including the latest amendment of NZBC B1.
- Complies with AS/NZS 1170:2002, NZS 4223.3.2016, NZ Building Code B1, F2, F4 and F9.
Scope of Use
- Suitable for balustrades, pool fences and wind breaks. It is a cost effective way to enhance a deck, pool or stairway
- An interlinking top rail finishes off the system, producing a low profile modern look.
- Metro Technical email firstname.lastname@example.org